Do You Need a Permit for a Bouncy House in Florida?

Do you need a permit to operate a bouncy house business in Florida? It's a question that many entrepreneurs have when starting their own venture. While the answer is subject to change, it's best to contact local governments in your city and county for more information. A bouncy house business can operate in a large storefront or outdoor space. However, businesses that operate in a physical location typically require a Certificate of Occupancy (CO).

This document confirms that all building codes, zoning laws, and government regulations have been met. It's also important to establish a legal business entity, such as an LLC or corporation. This will protect you from being held personally liable if your bouncy house business is sued. Additionally, you'll need to budget for a reliable vehicle and trailer, big enough to transport several bouncy houses at once.

Other inflatable house businesses have been created to operate in store windows, where they fill the space with different inflatables and charge an entrance fee to children. To avoid liabilities and potential lawsuits, bouncy house companies must have their customers sign a liability waiver form. Starting a bouncy house business can be an exciting venture, but it's important to understand the legal requirements before getting started. Contacting local governments and establishing a legal business entity are two of the most important steps to take when launching your own bouncy house business.

Make sure you research all the necessary permits and licenses required by your state and local government before you start your business.

Joel Metty
Joel Metty

Hipster-friendly food buff. Proud bacon nerd. Evil web specialist. Amateur pop culture trailblazer. Lifelong zombieaholic.

Leave Message

All fileds with * are required